Senior Analytics Engineer
full time (32-40 hours per week), remote within Europe
👩🏫 Who are we?
We at Infinitas Technology (the technology and product development arm of Infinitas Learning) are passionate about understanding and transforming the way people learn. We create educational solutions that touch the lives of everyone around us – both personally and professionally.
For everyone who discovers. For everyone who grows. For everyone who performs and challenges themselves. For your smallest dreams and your biggest ambitions. Learning will take you further. From your first day at school to the next step in your career. Infinitas is there for you and everyone who learns.
🏅 What are our values?
- We reflect the values of the teachers and learners who use our products
- Creativity blossoms only when freed from fear
- Leadership is approachable and supportive
- We take strength from our diversity
- We are all part of, and serve, the Infinitas group of companies
👩🏽💻 What do you do?
We are looking for someone passionate about data and problem solving to join us as a Senior Analytics Engineer to help us build a team of autonomous solution builders. You will own the data model and act as an expert on data modelling and applying modern analytics engineering practices utilising our new cloud-based stack (Snowflake, dbt, Dagster and Fivetran). We will rely on you to empower team members by actively spreading your knowledge of these practices.
We're in the process of rethinking how we manage and use our data. This includes migrating data stacks and pulling together and reorganising the team structure around distributed cross-functional collaborative teams. In this role, you will be able to shape our team, processes and platform.
As a Senior Analytics Engineer at Infinitas Technology, you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with stakeholders to understand the requirements, advising on and influencing the solutions, and taking ownership of delivery.
- Designing and building clean, consistent, tested and well-documented data models from raw data.
- Hands-on delivery of data models using solid engineering practices (e.g., version control, automation, CI/CD).
- Design and implementation of our data architecture alongside our data platform team. (We're in the process of migrating from AzureSQL/ADF to Snowflake/dbt/Fivetran/Dagster).
- Mentoring engineers and analysts on best practices (e.g., data modelling, readable and performant SQL, data quality checks etc.)
- Striving towards continuous improvement of processes and tools.
🧑🏾🤝🧑🏼 How do we work?
- We work in a single cross-functional Data & Analytics team comprised of Data Engineers, Analytics Engineers, Data Scientists and Data Analysts.
- We work as a distributed team with team members in five European countries. Would you add a sixth to the list?
- We are committed to a remote-first approach and are careful to be deliberate about it. We take care the social aspects of work are not neglected. We do not forget to have fun.
- We are adopting modern agile practices and are moving towards a flow-based (kanban-like) process.
- We like to work together. We support each other and are eager to share knowledge. We often pair up on important work.
- We work iteratively. We look for feedback and apply lessons learned from each step, whether things went well or not.
- We own, run and take responsibility for the things we build.
📖 Who are you?
An Analytics Engineer with significant experience owning a large part of the data platform and leading a small team. An engineer at your level provides mentorship for others within their team and guides their team's execution.
We understand that each person has a unique set of skills and that finding a candidate with 100% fit would filter out some amazing people. Take this list as a guide; don't hesitate to apply if you feel you would be a good addition to the team, but don't tick all the boxes.
You would be a good fit if you:
- Are experienced in data modelling (e.g., dimensional modelling, data vault).
- Understand the value of structure, consistency and organisation in data modelling.
- Are proficient in writing analytical SQL that doesn't just work but is maintainable and performs well.
- Understand modern data warehouses (we use Snowflake), warehousing approaches (ELT vs ETL)
- Have an affinity for applying engineering discipline and tooling in an analytics context (e.g., version control, reuse, CI/CD, automation).
- Have experience working in a collaborative data team.
- You have strong communication skills (written and verbal) and experience explaining potentially complex concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
It would be great if you already:
- Have experience with cloud technologies and cloud-based data warehouses.
- Worked with modern data ingestion tools (e.g. Fivetran, Airbyte, Stitch) and transformation/checking tools (e.g., dbt, great expectations)
- Have an awareness of data governance procedures
⏳ What happens after you apply?
- Dali, our Principal Engineer and Mark, our Senior Manager, will do the first review of your application and agree to proceed. We aim to have a response within five working days regarding the following steps. If we decide not to proceed, we will also let you know and explain why.
🏆 What do you get from us?
- A job with a real purpose where you can contribute to society.
- Opportunity to work with a diverse team across a range of European countries.
- Attractive and flexible working conditions.
- Flexible working hours depending on team requirements as to when, where and how you work.
- We can directly employ in a broad range of European countries and are able to provide sponsorship in The Netherlands
- A competitive salary and benefits (that will vary based on your location due to local expectations or requirements).
🏁 Important to know…
- We have a set of standard questions to choose from to ensure that we gauge all candidates equally and as much as possible without bias.
- We are focused on getting to know you as a human being and future colleague; we will not ask trick questions or questions that test memorization of facts.
- We will treat you with respect at all times and provide feedback if you are not successful.