Senior UX designer with a systems thinking mindset
We are searching for a permanent Senior UX designer with extensive experience in developing complex scalable products. You combine your design thinking skills with a strong affinity for analytical and systems thinking. You deliver well-constructed functionalities that can solve complex problems by understanding them and the dependencies they hold.
👩🏫 Who are we?
You will be working for Infinitas Learning, where we aim to unlock the potential of people through lifelong learning. We deliver flexible, market-leading solutions that support new approaches to learning for the 21st century. Presently, we are located in The Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, and Portugal, and as part of NPM Capital, we foster international growth for Infinitas in Europe.
🏅 What are our values?
- Mission Driven:We reflect the values of the teachers and learners who use our products
- Open and Empowered:Creativity blossoms only when freed from fear
- Servant leaders: Leadership is approachable and supportive
- Diverse and Inclusive:We take strength from our diversity
- Reliable and Accountable: We do what we said we would, and take the responsibility we have in owning the products across ILPT seriously
🏆 Your mission:
- Partaking in shaping future visions and improving and extending our scalable content chain platform that powers all Infinitas platforms and publications.
- Collaborate with other designers on all design efforts in the Learning Experience design team, which is at the core of all our educational platforms and publications.
- You are well-versed in relevant design disciplines and can inspire and empower others to create new or improve existing human-centred experiences.
- Work on exciting new “blended” educational solutions that make a difference, with people that share your passion for great product design.
📖 What we're looking for:
You bring significant experience in designing and developing solutions where you translate complexity into a user-friendly interface “that simply makes sense”. You are curious and enjoy sharing acquired knowledge and insights with others. You enjoy collaborating with your colleagues and, being aware of their needs, you find appropriate solutions to help them along. You are comfortable working with people with a flurry of different roles (UX designers, engineers, product managers, publishers, stakeholders, etc.).
What makes you a good fit:
- A healthy dose of experience, and knowledge trump just about any degree you can throw at us here but if you have them, do let us know. We consider fluency in design thinking methodologies as a given but we put extra value on your skill to dig into and unravel complex systems and translate these into user-friendly interfaces. Demonstrating how you think, the problems you solved and how you solved them is what we’re interested in.
- You can handle abstracting and systems thinking and can port these concepts into your designs. The end result is a consistent user-friendly interface that solves problems and in line with user needs.
- You are a visionary that likes to drive design forward in the LX product team, Infinitas Design and Infinitas Technology, with ideas and provoking concepts that will push our platforms forward as well. You know how to balance design delivery with strategy.
- You are fluent in Figma and you will be working with Pixel, our design system.
- You have a thorough understanding of Agile, Design-thinking, Lean and Des/Dev ops methods and principles.
- You are able to create design workshops and shape sprints.
- You understand the importance of inclusive and accessible design and know how to articulate that.
- Experience within the domain of (educational) publishing, content management and creation systems is a plus.
- You are able to communicate fluently in English plus one of the following languages: Swedish or Dutch.
⏰How we work:
We are a dynamic group of digital designers and researchers, with our own specialties. We want you to join us and take us to the next level. Together, we will explore and discover what is needed to realize this mission, for design, and for you. Our Digital Design team is distributed across Europe and is on a mission to shape the future of learning. You can work remotely or at one of our local design teams, and hours can be used flexibly in consultation. You can also count on attractive and flexible terms of employment, including a Personal Choice Budget (PKB) and a profit-sharing distribution.
Do you recognize yourself in our profile? Please send us your motivation and CV! We are looking forward to chatting with you.
⏳ What happens after you apply?
- Iris, our Design Director and Frank, our Principle Designer, will do the first review of your application and agree to proceed. We aim to have a response within five working days regarding the following steps. If we decide not to proceed, we will also let you know and explain why.
- Your interview will be done by Frank, our Principle Designer, together with someone else from either the Design Team or Product Team, to get a better understanding of your experience, your way of working and you as a person. We will carve out time in the interview so you can show a case of your previous work so we will get a better sense of your approach and experience. If happy with this first conversation, a second interview will be done by Iris, our Design Director.